Tuesday, April 14, 2009

iPhone App Review: White Noise Lite

One of the methods parents use to calm their babies is by using white noises to simulate the sound babies hear in their mothers' wombs. Some of the cheaper ways parents do are by turning on the hair dryer, vacuum cleaner, bathroom fans or using the static sound from radio. If you are willing to spend money, you can also buy a white noise machine that can be attached to the baby's crib. Some of these machines also come in disguise of plushies or teddy bears.

If you have an iPhone or iTouch, there is a free application that you can download called White Noise Lite, by TMSoft. It comes with ten free white noise sounds such as Beach Shore, Oscillating Fan, Rain Pouring or Chimes Chiming. I think you can also download it from iTunes for iPod. You can also upgrade (purchase) to the full version of the application that has 40 different ambient sounds for $1.99 (more convenient than turning on your vacuum cleaner and still cheaper than the white noise teddy bear machine).

I downloaded the free White Noise Lite for my iPhone and so far the sound quality is superb. I listen to it at my office when I need some calmness (Chimes is my fave) and I can use it at night to help me sleeping as well.

For more information about this application, you can go to iTunes or their website:
http://www.tmsoft.com/iphone-whitenoise.html

Recommended (especially when it's free :))!

No comments: